Everyone’s driven to succeed in our vicinity, but the rapid development has led to environmental decline and poor air quality. The surge in polluting vehicles contributes to the rising global pollution index.
As a responsible member of society, get a Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate for your vehicles from the government. Before applying, educate yourself on PUC certificates. Also, note that a valid PUC certificate is now required for renewing motor insurance as per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). #
A Vehicle Pollution Certificate (PUC): What Is It?
A Pollution Under Control Certificate, confirming your bike’s emissions compliance, is a government-issued document. Now mandatory under the Motor Vehicle Act, it’s essential to carry alongside your license, registration certificate, and insurance of scooty policy while driving.
Why Is A PUC Certificate Necessary?
As verification, a PUC certificate is needed. It permits you to operate the bike on public roads legally. The PUC Certificate verifies the percentage of carbon emissions or the possible quantity of pollution that your bike may produce.
Is Possession Of A PUC Certificate Required?
The Motor Vehicle Act 1988 mandates PUC Certificates for the Government of India. If the certificate for your bike isn’t valid, you’ll be fined Rs. 1000 (plus an additional Rs. 2000 for each subsequent infraction)!
In addition, the IRDAI states that to renew your bike insurance, you must have a current PUC certificate. #
Therefore, a PUC certificate is a crucial document you should always have when operating a motor vehicle.
What Is The Process For The PUC Test?
The following is the process to obtain PUC:
- The bike dealer will set up the PUC certificate if the bike is brand-new.
- You must take the bike to any authorised PUC centre.
- To find the emission rate, they will scan the ejection pipe.
- You will receive a certificate upon payment of the fees.
PUC Certificate Benefits: What Advantages Come With Holding A PUC Certificate?
- You Will Be Taking Care Of The Environment: Air pollution can have a terrible effect on the environment worldwide, so you will be keeping the environment clean by ensuring your bike’s emissions are within the legal limits.
- Making Sure That You Follow The Law: By the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, the Government of India mandates the possession of a PUC Certificate; failure to do so may result in penalties.
- Know The State Of Your Bike: By renewing your PUC certificate regularly every six months, you can find out how polluting your bike is and whether it needs serviced. This will allow you to have it checked out before a more significant issue arises.
- It Is Essential For Bike Insurance: A valid PUC certificate is a required document to renew motorcycle insurance, making it essential for any motor vehicle insurance.
Get insured anytime, anywhere! Check out Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website to learn more and download the app now.
Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.